Sugar Shack Oyster Party Pack
- Unit price
The shores of the Barnegat Bay consist of nearly a million acres of dense forest and sugar sand, better known as The Pine Barrens. Beneath and within this forest is a vast aquifer (Kirkwood-Cohansey Aquifer). Fresh aquifer water meanders its way to The Bay where it's met with the salty waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Sugar Shack Oysters grow on a high sandbar of sugar sand. Dazzlingly vibrant shells and a taste that is more reminiscent of New England waters than mid Atlantic. Sugar Shacks start off with a hit of salt and finish with a lingering sweetness.
Growers Matt Gregg, Erik Gross, Dylan Parks, Kayla Racanelli, Liam Andersen, & Kelly Giannetto of Forty North Oyster Farms start the growing process in floating cages that manicure and prune the shells, they are sorted in a tumbler to strengthen and clean the exterior before being planted in trays directly on the bottom. This direct contact with the substrate gives Sugar Shacks their vibrant shell design.
Farmer: Forty North Oysters
Farm Location: Barnegat Light, NJ
Production Type: Floating cages & bottom trays
Flavor: Sharp Salt, Sweet
What comes in the Party Pack:
- 25 freshly harvested Sugar Shack oysters
- 1 fresh lemon
- Shipped in a cooler with ice packs
- a 'Time-Temperature' device that ensures safe and cold transit
Shipping for Oysters & Seafood: Our perishable shipping days are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Please select the date in the cart page you would like your items to be shipped. Estimated 1 day delivery from selected shipping date. We suggest choosing a shipping day 2 days or more prior if a specific delivery date is needed, to account for any shipping errors (oysters can be kept refrigerated for a week prior to consumption). We offer free 1-day UPS Ground Shipping to zip codes within Ground our zone (Tri-State Area), and $35 flat rate shipping to all other locations in the US. For bulk orders: $40 shipping fee added for every 50lbs.
You may use the shipping estimator below to see your rates for this product.
Pickup for Oysters & Seafood: Available Monday-Friday after 12 noon. Orders will be placed under the PICK-UP sign outside at our headquarters (address shown at checkout). All pickup orders receive a $10 gift card via email!
Shipping for Apparel/Accessories:
Shipping rates are dependent on customer location and will be added at checkout. Orders containing oysters and apparel/accessories may be shipped separately and may arrive separately.
How long can my oysters last?
- Most people find it surprising, but oysters have a pretty good shelf life. They’re simple organisms. It doesn’t take much to send them into hibernation mode. Store them in a fridge, cup side down, with a wet paper towel over them. They’ll be safe to eat for at least a week. You’ll know they’re dead if they open up.
Where did my oysters come from?
- Your package should have arrived with some printed literature naming the oyster variety. Explore this map for a general area of where each oyster is grown. You’ll notice the saltier oysters are grown closer to the ocean, while the sweeter ones are grown near rivers and creeks.
How do I know if the oysters are safe to eat?
- Our packaging practices have been verified safe by a third party. We go an extra step to ensure safety. Please refer to the little tab (Time Temperature Indicator) that’s on the inside of your package’s cooler. While most UPS packages arrive on time, sometimes there’s mistakes. If the tab says there was a temperature breach then just shoot us an email and we will find a way to correct it. For risks associated with eating raw oysters, please visit the FDA’s website on Advice about Eating Fish.
Can I buy oysters in person?
- Yes. It’s always best to order ahead or call ahead to ensure we have what you’re looking for. Our # is 609-450-9005 and our address is 483 E Bay Avenue in Barnegat Township.
Is it true that oysters should only be eaten in months that have an “R”?
- This is old news. This saying was coined prior to the luxury of mechanical refrigeration.
Adding product to your cart
Some other things we think you might like