Jetty Rock Oyster Party Pack
- Unit price
Fresh from Barnegat Bay straight to your door. We've partnered with our friends at the Jetty Rock Foundation to bring you our signature Jetty Rock Oyster.
The Jetty Rock Oyster has a great balanced taste with salt up front thanks to the constant changing tides around Barnegat Inlet. If you know the Jetty Rock Foundation, you know how much they love oysters and all they do for the local waterways and environment. These oysters filter up to 50 gallons per day while reaching market size on the farm. Performing an amazing environmental service and tasting great, what else could you ask for?
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Jetty Rock Oysters goes directly back to Jetty Rock Foundation initiatives to support oyster restoration, aquaculture, and clean water.
What's in the Box:
- 25 Jetty Rock Oysters grown and harvested by Barnegat Oyster Collective
- Jetty Rock Oysters ship in Ocean Farm Supply bags which are biodegradable/home compostable
- 1 Jetty Rock Foundation, R. Murphy New Haven style Oyster Knife
- 1 Jetty Rock Foundation Oyster Sticker
- 1 lemon
- Ice packs and a time-temperature device
Shipping for Oysters & Seafood: Our perishable shipping days are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Please select the date in the cart page you would like your items to be shipped. Estimated 1 day delivery from selected shipping date. We suggest choosing a shipping day 2 days or more prior if a specific delivery date is needed, to account for any shipping errors (oysters can be kept refrigerated for a week prior to consumption). We offer free 1-day UPS Ground Shipping to zip codes within Ground our zone (Tri-State Area), and $35 flat rate shipping to all other locations in the US. For bulk orders: $40 shipping fee added for every 50lbs.
You may use the shipping estimator below to see your rates for this product.
Pickup for Oysters & Seafood: Available Monday-Friday after 12 noon. Orders will be placed under the PICK-UP sign outside at our headquarters (address shown at checkout). All pickup orders receive a $10 gift card via email!
Shipping for Apparel/Accessories:
Shipping rates are dependent on customer location and will be added at checkout. Orders containing oysters and apparel/accessories may be shipped separately and may arrive separately.
How long can my oysters last?
- Most people find it surprising, but oysters have a pretty good shelf life. They’re simple organisms. It doesn’t take much to send them into hibernation mode. Store them in a fridge, cup side down, with a wet paper towel over them. They’ll be safe to eat for at least a week. You’ll know they’re dead if they open up.
Where did my oysters come from?
- Your package should have arrived with some printed literature naming the oyster variety. Explore this map for a general area of where each oyster is grown. You’ll notice the saltier oysters are grown closer to the ocean, while the sweeter ones are grown near rivers and creeks.
How do I know if the oysters are safe to eat?
- Our packaging practices have been verified safe by a third party. We go an extra step to ensure safety. Please refer to the little tab (Time Temperature Indicator) that’s on the inside of your package’s cooler. While most UPS packages arrive on time, sometimes there’s mistakes. If the tab says there was a temperature breach then just shoot us an email and we will find a way to correct it. For risks associated with eating raw oysters, please visit the FDA’s website on Advice about Eating Fish.
Can I buy oysters in person?
- Yes. It’s always best to order ahead or call ahead to ensure we have what you’re looking for. Our # is 609-450-9005 and our address is 483 E Bay Avenue in Barnegat Township.
Is it true that oysters should only be eaten in months that have an “R”?
- This is old news. This saying was coined prior to the luxury of mechanical refrigeration.
Adding product to your cart
Some other things we think you might like